Building an RMP Raised Garden/Flowerbed List of items needed: 4 – RMP Raised Garden bed brackets (screws are included) 6 to 8 - 2"x10" or 2"x12" pieces of lumber (purchase and cut to length at your local lumber store) A quality impact driver with a Philips bit will make easy work of this project. A pick and/or shovel and a rake for leveling your site. A level, a square, a ruler or tape measure and a pencil.
Level the site:
1. Pick a spot
2. Level the area as best you can.
Build the bottom row:
3. Find the middle of your RMP Raised Garden bracket and make a pencil mark on the outside edge
4. Place your bracket over the end of your lumber and slide the bracket to your pencil mark
5. Using the screws provided attach the bracket to your first board. If all four sides of your garden are not the same length, attach all four brackets to the ends of your two longest boards first.
6. With all four brackets attached to the two longest boards, you can begin to attach the two shorter sides of your bottom row.
7. After you have your bottom row of your raised bed completed, move it into place and make sure it is level.
Build the second row:
8. Repeat the process for the second row
9. Add some galvanized chicken wire to the bottom of your garden to prevent moles from burrowing
10. Add a weed barrier to the bottom of your garden.
11. Add a heavy mil plastic to the inside of your garden walls to prevent any chemicals that may be in treated lumber from leaching into your garden.